Feasts, friends, family and food - it's all about enjoying good food and spending great time with family and friends at the moment. Everyone around the world has been celebrating a special holiday - be it Thanksgiving, Diwali, Eid, Christmas or New Years, it's been a busy time for many of us. I wanted to share this moment with you too and invited my blogger friends to join me in the celebrations with your traditional feasts. The table has never looked so rich and extravagant and we had many new bloggers join in the fun. There traditional dishes from India, to Thailand, from USA to Philippines - it was all simply irresistible.
Before we dive into the roundup I'd like to give you details about the next mingle at my place. This mingle will take us into the New Year and I am really looking forward to it.
This time I am inviting everyone to Drop in and Decorate. Let's all get together and bake a few cookies, decorate them and then donate them for a good cause. This event is to raise awareness and help the wonderful cause created by the lovely Lydia over at The Perfect Pantry. Take out recipes for your favorite cookies and invite friends, family or simply get the kids involved and have a ball. Take plenty of pictures so that we can share the fun. Then select a local food pantry, emergency shelter, senior center, lunch program, or other community agency serving neighbors in need and donate your cookies. Now step back and watch the smiles all around.
Hope you'll join me!
Here's how it works:
- Create a dish that fits this theme. Blog about it anytime from now till January 7th, 2008.
- Email your entry with
- your name
- the name of your blog
- name of dish
- your permalink
- In the subject field of your email please state "Monthly Mingle - Drop In & Decorate"
- In your post please include a link to this post and/or the MM logo, so your readers get a chance to mingle with us.
- Please send only one entry per blog. If you do not have a blog, simply email your entry, with a picture (if you would like me to add a picture) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Although it's great to get entries from all over the world I have to insist that they be in English. If you have a Blog in another language I would kindly like to request you to post your entries in English as well.
Please make note of the new email address for the Monthly Mingle!
I'd like to remind those taking part to please check these guidelines carefully and when you send your emails to make sure all the required details are included. Also please check the permalinks you are sending and take a note of the deadline. You will find a comprehensive guideline and event etiquettes for event participation here.
Now let's get ready to dig into this fantastic spread. Make sure you visit these lovely blogs to check out their fantastic entries. There's something for each taste bud and cravings. Have fun browsing!
- Singing Chef - Mava Cake
- My Kitchen Treasures - Mysore Pak
- Saffron Trail - Five minute Besan Laddos
- Smita Serves You Right - Bisi Bele Bath
- Kajal Dreams - Sweet Sata
- My Diverse Kitchen - Ukkarai
- Soul Food - Edible Diwali Diyas
- Cooking 4 All Seasons - Dosa with Erra Karam and Pappula Podi
- Simple Indian Food - Mysurpak
- Teczcape - Spicy Prawn Balls on Deep Fried Basil
- Hooked On Heat - Dal Makhani
- Rose's Recipe - Grandma’s Cranberry Bread
- Escapades - Diwali Festival Platter
- Homemades - Gemblong - Indonesian Feast
- Culinary Bazaar - Ribbon Murukku
- Foodies Hope - Thanksgiving Feast
- Enjoying Indian Food - Indanized Thanksgiving Feast
- Siri's Corner - Baked Broccoli Supreme and Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Jugalbandi - Vegetarian Mexican Feast
- Tastes Like Home - Conkie
- Food and Laughter - Badam Halwa
- Menu Today - Kaasi Halwa
- Curry in Kadai - Divine Pineapple Dessert
- Red Chillies - Moong Curry and Cucumber Idli
- FoodFreak - Veal Ragout
- Passionate Baker - Colorful Christmas Cookies
- Feeding My Enthusiasm - Cranberry Pear Sauce
- An Italian in the US - Crepes Natalizie
- My Bit of Earth - Grandma Mary's Peanut Butter Balls
- Fun and Food - Chocolate-Dipped Orange Madeleines
- Food is Love - Jackfruit in Spicy Coconut Milk
- The Yum Blog - Tamizh Feast
- A Scientist in the Kitchen - Sotanghon with mushrooms and carrots
- Canela & Comino - Grandma's Cornbread Stuffing
- Mishmash! - Rich Fruit Cake
- Spicyandhra - Coconut Rice
- The Art and Science of Food - Mendoan Tempe
- Food Chronicles - Chinese Fried Walnuts
- Annarssa - Sabudana Khichiri
- Food Blogga - Hello Dolly Cookies
- Eat The Right Stuff - Roasted Stuffed Butternut Squash with Goats Cheese
- Tuesday's Gone - Goat milk apple cheesecake
- My Creative Ideas - Kaju Katli
- AkshayaPatra - Wheat Halwa
- What's For Lunch, Honey? - Dundee Fruitcake
Forty five grand entries, forty five extravagant feasts. I thank you all for taking part in this mingle with me. Look forward to seeing you all again next month. If I've missed your submission, please forgive me! Just send me an email and I'll be glad to update the roundup. If you too have a feast you would like to share add it to the comments section of this post.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2007 Meeta Albrecht unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | Please Ask First