I've been looking forward to announcing this event all weekend. Many of you know how much I adore the Italian cuisine. No - actually it's not just the cuisine, it's the country, the people, the flair, the fashion (shoes, handbags etc.) - just about everything the country has to offer I am crazy about it.
Being a food blog though we are going to concentrate on the wonderful cuisine.
Italian cuisine is so varied, each region offering it's own style and cooking habits. It's about fresh, earthy and down-to-earth products. No other country in the world offers such diversity in their cooking as the Italians. Each region offering their own wonderful speciality - Milanese risotto, Spaghetti Bolognese, Pizza from Naples. In spite of the regional differences, Italian food in general is often flexible and innovative.
No wonder that I am not the only epicure in Italian food, the cuisine has found it's fans all around the world.
The US edition of the fantastic La Cucina Italiana has been recently launched. This magazines celebrates vibrant and innovative Italian food like no other magazine I know. I regularly get my German copy of La Cucina Italiana each month and enjoy the colorful and fresh ideas it provides. The magazine offers a wonderful wealth of knowledge, not only in the spectacular regional dishes, but gives a closer insight into the culinary traditions of authentic Italian food.
I want to celebrate - not only the launch of this beautiful magazine but also authentic Italian food with you! I'd like you to dig deeper into your recipe boxes, files or the Internet and cook up great, traditional and authentic Italian dish.
For this one time event I am also glad to offer a wonderful prize. The person with the most delicious Italian dish will have a chance to win a fantastic one year subscription to La Cucina Italiana, very kindly sponsored by the team of this magazine.
For this contest I have asked two lovely and able connoisseurs of Italian cuisine. My favorite Italian cream puff living in Canada - yes, I am talking of the gorgeous Ivonne and the lovely Swede living in the beautiful region of Tuscany, who tantalizes me with every dish and every pictures, none other than the sensational Ilva.
It's not going to be an easy contest as you can tell by the judges so, I need you to give me your best.
Here is an overview of the guidelines:
- Research and cook an authentic Italian dish from any region. Write about why you chose the dish and why you think this is authentic. This is also a part of the contest as we want to learn about each dish, its origins and how it was created.
- You must use typical Italian ingredients, as fresh and as seasonal as possible. It can be a savory dish or a dessert.
- All entries must be in English.
- The deadline of the contest is midnight PDT 22nd September 2008.
- Only one entry per blog.
- Please send your entries to email@example.com with La Cucina Italiana in the subject line of your email.
- Entries will be judged in the following criteria:
- Authenticity of the dish
- The research matter - what you can tell us about the dish
- How Italian in your dish?
- Does your dish make the judges drool for more?
- The contest is open to entries from all over the world.
- If you follow a vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free or are allergic to certain products you may modify the dish according to your diet.
As soon as we receive all the entries and the judges have scored, the winner will be announced towards the end of the month.
Let the fun begin!
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2008 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | Please Ask First