I am clapping my hands in absolute pleasure. Although it was a slow start, things picked up along the way and each one of you rose up to the challenge I presented, with perfection. The result: an awesome, colorful buffet of delicious Caribbean cooking spread out for all to indulge in. Cynthia you can be proud of us!
I got entries from all over the world and was excited to see so much variety and for me I personally was excited to see a few come out of their box and cook something they generally would not. That is what I love about these mingles.
With 33 grand entries, from Singapore to Canada, we can all sit back, sip on our cocktails and relish the good food we made. Time to party!
Before we dance our way to the roundup let me introduce you to our next Monthly Mingle theme.
Monthly Mingle 31 - Kid's Lunches
This mingle is being hosted over and Srivalli's Cooking 4 All Seasons and she chose the theme Kid's Lunches. What we are looking for this month are innovative, healthy and wholesome dishes. Be it a soup, salad, healthy dessert or a nutritious meal let your creativity run wild.
No kids! Then imagine your nieces, nephews or neighbors kids are spending the day with you - what kind of meal would you make for them?
Srivalli and I have a room full of hungry kids, who are so looking forward to some good food. So, cook up something scrumptious and healthy, post about it on your blog and send Srivalli your creation. Your deadline is April 13th!
Here’s how it works:
- From now till April 13th 2009, cook up any dish that you would give your child (or niece, nephew etc.) and post on your blog with a link back to Srivalli's announcement and to the official Monthly Mingle page.
- The entry can be any course of the meal, from any cuisine both Veg and Non - Veg. You can send in multiple entries but all posted on your blog between now till April 13th. The recipes should all fit into the wholesome lunch theme.
- You can send in your entries from Archive, provided they are re posted specially for this event and not clubbed together.
- Entries sent to MM can be entered to other events but not more than 2 other events. Which means your entry cannot be sent to 4 events all together.
- You may include the Kid's Lunches logo in your post.
- Please send in your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
Sub: MM: Kids Lunch
- Non bloggers can send their entry with the recipe details and picture, if any to my email account.
Note: Please do not use the Monthly Mingle Form for this session.
And now I present the grand Caribbean cooking roundup.
- Aroma!, North Carolina, USA: Festival Bread
- Kopiaste.. to Greek Hospitality, Athens, Greece: Tomato Choka
- Siri's Corner, Washington D.C., USA: Cornmeat Cou Cou
- Jumbo Empanadas, Toronto, Canada: Roasted Pineapple with Banana Ice Cream and Coconut
- My Kitchen Treasures, Belgium: Jerk Chicken and Bean Rice
- eCurry, Texas, USA: Jamaican Curry Goat
- Cooking with Swapna, Germany: Caribbean pumpkin soup
- Spice Club, California, USA: Coconut bake
- Konkan World, USA: Fried Yucca with Garlic Sauce
- Greedy Gourmet, Canewdon, UK: Caribbean Chickpea & Sweet Potato Casserole
- Coffee & Vanilla, London, UK: Jamaican Peanut Punch
- Jugalbandi, Northwestern USA: Jamaican Rice and Peas
- All Things Edible, Ontario, Canada: Caribbean Chicken with Orange and Pineapple
- Soulful Creations, Massachusetts, USA: Jamaican Rundun
- Essence of Andhra, USA: Caribbean Rice
- My Diverse Cooking, Goa, India: Dhal Puri
- The Spiced Life, Ohio, USA: Caribbean Chicken Fricassee
- Yambalaya, France: Poulet boucané
- Fresh Kitchen, California, USA: Caribbean Spice Stuffed Chicken
- Health Nut, Ohio, USA: Carribean-style Kabobs With Rice and Beans
- Delectably Yours, Atlanta, USA: Caribbean Platter
- Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes, Paris, France: Caribbean Caramelised Bananas
- Feeding My Enthusiasms, USA: Caribe French Toast
- Culinary Adventures of a New Wife, San Diego, USA: Cornmeal Crusted Mango Salmon
- eCurry, Texas, USA: Flor de Jamaica Beverage
- Saivam, Fremont, USA: Jerk fried rice
- TastyCurryLeaf, Banglore, India: Gizzadas-Jamaican Coconut Tarts
- My Kitchen Stories, Hamburg, Germany: Caribbean Coconut Rice with Cuban Salsa Verde along with Sweet potato and Zucchini
- Will-O'-the-Wisp, Seattle, USA: Caribbean spiced Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa
- Veggie Belly, Virginia, USA: Jamaican Style Kale and White Bean 'Patties'
- Edible Garden, Singapore: Breadfruit Chips
- For the Love of Food, Fürth, Germany: Shrimp Ceviche
- What's For Lunch, Honey?, Weimar, Germany: Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Corn and Bacon
I do not think I missed out any entries this time thanks to the great Monthly Mingle submission form! I hope that you too found this form as easy to use as I found getting all your entries together in an organized fashion without loosing any to the SPAM monster!
This list is going over to Cynthia, who will go through each entry. Once she has picked the winning recipe, I will announce the lucky person here on WFLH, who will then receive a autographed copy of My Caribbean Cookbook.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2009 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | Please Ask First