Each December, food bloggers from all over the world join the campaign by offering a delectable array of food-related prizes for the Menu for Hope raffle. Anyone – and that means you too - can buy raffle tickets to bid on these prizes. For every $10 donated, you earn one virtual raffle ticket to bid on a prize of your choice. At the end of the two-week campaign, the raffle tickets are drawn and the results announced on Chez Pim.
Last year Menu for Hope raised $91,188.00!
Once again this year, donations will raise money for the UN World Food Program, targeted to a school food program in Lesotho.
I am asking everyone who reads this blog to take a bit of time and read what this program is all about and what our donations do to help the children in Lesotho.
I love cookbooks! Flipping the pages of exciting new creations or finding a recipe of a traditional dish is a passion. Any die hard foodie will know what I mean. I have selected a grand cookbook for my prize donation.
600 Curries is a new and exciting cookbook by Raghavan Iyer. A few months ago I bought my own copy of this book and have been licking my fingers at all the delicious recipes presented here. There are several traditional Indian curries in this book but what I love the most about 660 Curries is that Iyer presents new and innovative recipes. 660 Curries is the gateway to the world of Indian cooking, demystifying one of the world’s great cuisines. A must have for every curry lover.
Prize Code: EU17 [Shipping: Europe Only]
Here's how to participate in A Menu for Hope:
- Starting December 15 you'll see prize announcements appearing on food blogs around the world. Complete lists of prizes can be found at the blogs of the regional hosts (you'll find the list of each host below) and the full list of prizes at Chez Pim. Browse through each prize carefully. There are some great offers and I am sure you will have fun visiting your favorite food blogs and choosing a prize.
- Once you've picked your prize, go to the donation site at First Giving and make a donation. (That link will be active starting at 9:00 A.M. Pacific Time on December 15).
- Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form. You must write in how many tickets per prize, and use the prize code. (Each $10 you donate will buy one raffle ticket toward any prize. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for UW09. Please write 2xEU01, 3xUW09.) The prize code for this donation is EU17.
- If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
- Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win.Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Here are the regional hosts, where you can see more prizes.
Europe - Sara of Ms.Adventures in Italy
US: West (Closer to SF than to NY.) - Matt Armendariz of Matt Bites
U.S. East (Closer to NY than to SF.) - Jaden Hair of Steamy Kitchen
Canada - Meena Agarwal of Hooked on Heat
Asia Pacific, Australia, New Zealand - Ed Charles of Tomato
Special Wine Blog Host: Alder of Vinography
If you're a food blogger who'd like to sponsor a prize, find the e-mail address for hosts at Chez Pim and contact the regional host in your area.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2008 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | Please Ask First