At this time of year we are all busy preparing for the festivities to come, buying presents and enjoying family traditions, it is important that we also remember our responsibilities to help the needy. Those who depend on us and on organizations like the United Nations World Food Programme to supply them with the very basics to help them survive.
This year the Menu For Hope III's aim is to help raise money for the United Nations World Food Programme. In 2004 and 2005 Menu for Hope I and II helped raise substantial sums for the Tsunami victims in Southeast Asia and victims of the devastating earthquake in the Kashmir region of India and Pakistan. Last year the money raised by food bloggers for the earthquake victims with the Menu for Hope campaign amounted to more than US$ 17,000!
From December 11 till December 22, we all pitch in helping Pim break last year's record. During this time you have the opportunity to purchase raffle tickets for some spectacular and exciting gifts. Each raffle you purchase will be a little step towards helping raise money for the cause. So please people, look deep into your hearts and dig just a little deeper into your pockets.
On behalf of all the European bloggers I would like to thank David Lebovitz who is the campaign host for Europe. He is the one coordinating all European entries for this event. Thank you for taking care of us all! To view all of the prizes coming from Euprope, please check out David's round-up. There are a few great prizes on offer here.
My donation to this event as host, is a fantastic cookbook we have seen a few times on my blog - here and here. Dorie Greenspan's mouthwatering Baking: From My Home To Yours. This book contains over 300 recipes, some of which can be viewed here. This is more than just a normal baking book it is like having a friend in the kitchen. You will definitely enjoy Dorie's style of writing, her tips, the scrumptious photos and most of all each and every recipe.
I do know that a few of you have this on your wishlist! Now, here is your chance donate for a good cause AND get your hands on this incredible book.
That is not all folks! No, to entice you a little more I will be packing 2 boxes of some of the most gorgeous Belgian truffles you have ever had. A lovely assortment of rich, nutty and chocolaty truffles to accompany you while you browse through Dorie's recipes.
The prize code for my gift to you is: EU09 (please use both digits - EU09 and NOT EU9).
Here is how it works:
- First Giving is the official site handling all your donations. So, go to this site and make your contribution.
- Each US$10 you donate will buy you one virtual raffle ticket. Using this raffle ticket (or tickets) you can pledge towards a prize of your choice. The list of all prizes can be viewed on Chez Pim's campaign prize page.
- Specify which prize you are interested in by entering the prize code of your selected prize in the "Personal Message" section of the donation form. Do enter how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code -for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for UW01 and 3 for UW02.
If your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the
box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
- For US donors, if your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so it is possible to claim the corporate match.
- Please allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
- On January 15 the raffle results will be announced on Chez Pim. Draws are conducted electronically.
A fellow Indian Blogger whom many of my Indian readers will know is offering totally scrumptious Indian Goodies. So, make sure you check that out too!
Please help us support Menu For Hope III by donationg generously.
menu for hope, united nations, world food programme, donate, charity, fundraiser, food, Dorie Greenspan