The Monthly Mingle has become a bit like my baby. I really enjoy hosting this event. For the past few months you have seen it travel to many different blogs and I have to say each hostess has always done such an impeccable job. However, you will surely understand when I say I am always happy to have my baby back home. ;-)
The best thing about this event is that there is such a wide variety of participants, each bringing a part of their own culture along to the mingle. I always smile when I receive an entry from my regular guests, or I get worried when one did not take part. I enjoy discovering new blogs and making new acquaintances. I love chatting with those friends who always seem to make it to the mingle. All in all it's a grand event and I thank you all for being so creative and taking time to make something special for my mingles.
This month had us all in chocolate craze with a bit of fruity frenzy. I cannot remember the last time I drooled this much at your mails and creations.
Monthly Mingle - Sensational Sides
However, before we go into the roundup, mark the next mingle in your calendars. This month my Daring Baker friend Ruth of Ruth's Experiments is your gracious hostess. For this month's challenge she has chosen a very appropriate theme - Sensational Sides. I am excited about this as I know before I even blink Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here and I'll be scuttling around looking for adequate side dishes to go with my meals. I entertain very often and the next few months are always filled with several traditional holidays and events. So this is going to be worth gold!
Here’s how it works:
- Create a dish that fits the theme of “Sensational Sides” as described above
- Post about it on your blog anytime from now until 12 October (entries must be in English, please).
- Link to Ruth's announcement and/or this post and send the details to Ruth (see below).
Once you’ve posted your dish, send an email with “Sensational Sides” in the subject line to: ruth.e.babes[AT]gmail[DOT]com by 13 October with the following information:
- your name
- the name of your blog
- the name of your dish and a link to the relevant post
- a copy of the main photo of your dish 200px wide (and compressed so that it is below 1MB!)
We're looking forward to your entries!
Now I present the most droolworthy roundup to date!
The entries are sorted in various categories for your convenience. You can view all the pictures of all the entries in the Fruit & Chocolate picture gallery.
- Baking Obsessions: Chocolate marzipan stuffed figs in chocolate phyllo purses
- ...and a little more...:Fruit brownie crumble
Cakes & Cookies
- Tasty Curry Leaf: Chocolate Orange Sandwich Cookies
- Not Quite Nigella: Goey chocolate brownie and strawberry sandwich cake
- Lemon Basil: Dark Chocolate Blackberry Pound Cake
- VeggieGirl: Cranberry-Apricot-Banana Brownies
- Dhanggit's Kitchen: Cadbury Chocolate Cookies Fruits & Nuts
- Cook's Hideout: Chimp Cakes
- BitterSweet: Berry Crazed
- Morsels & Musings: Glacé apricot, chocolate & poppy seed cupcakes
- Health Nut: Chocolate & Caramelized Banana Mango Cake
- Palachinka: Chocolate Dimply Plum Cake
- Feeding My Enthusiasms: Chocolate dipped lemon butter cookies
- Dragon Musings: Wheeley Scones, Dark Chocolate Berry Brownies
- Few Minute Wonders: Orange Chocolate Cake
- Clumbsy Cookie: Fresh fig chocolate candy bar
- Sumi's Weblog: Chocolate Covered Cherries
- ECurry: Orange Flavored Chocolate Covered Farfel
- Creative Saga: Banana Choco Shake
Ice Creams & Frozen Desserts
- Yummy Food: Chocolate Banana Splits
- ...and a little more...: Low-Fat banana choco-nut ice cream
- Cake or Death?: Apricot Ice Cream Tartufi
- My Spicy Kitchen: Frozen berries with warm white chocolate
Mousse & Puddings
- Make Life Sweeter!: Strawberry Mousse Puffs with white chocolate glaze
- Apple Pie, Patis, and Pâté: Chocolate Pots of Cream with Raspberries
- Passionate About Baking: Mango jelly mousse with chocolate
- My Diverse Kitchen: Eggless Dark Chocolate and Orange Mousse
- HomeMadeS: Orange Infused Custard with Dark Chocolate Bottom
- Vegetarian in ME: Chocolate Muhallabiah, ruby red pomegranates and a whiff of orange blossom
- Fun and Food: Mini chocolate fruit trifle
- What's For Lunch, Honey?: Chocolate Panna Cotta with Caramelized Pineapple and Amarena Cherries
Hope this has made you drool too. If I've missed your entry please leave me a comment here on the post and I'll update it as soon as possible.
Keep track of the Monthly Mingle as it wanders across the World using the MM Calendar. If you'd like to guest host the MM drop me an email.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2008 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | Please Ask First