I was fairly amazed to see that this lovely theme had not been covered by the Monthly Mingle yet. So, I had to take it up - a Monthly Mingle Brunch!
Brunch is one of those favorite pastimes on a late Sunday morning. It's somewhere between breakfast and lunch and while the usual breakfast fare like, eggs, ham, pancakes, sausages are served during this meal one will also find more hearty quiche, tarts, salads and meat dishes too. I love it because I get the best of both worlds!
It is believed that the term brunch was coined in the United Kingdom in 1896 by the publication Hunter's Weekly, which lead to the phrase becoming slang among youth. However some also believe that New York Morning Sun reporter Frank Ward O'Malley created the term when describing the midday eating habits and practices of reporters.
What does one expect to find at a typical brunch? Well anything goes here - if you are a more breakfast type of person you can indulge in waffles, pancakes, French toast, croissants, pastries, eggs bacon etc. But if you like the more substantial lunch meals then one can enjoy anything from lasagna, seafood, chicken, salads and desserts.
This is it - the grand Monthly Mingle Brunch and I would like to invite you all to join me for this delectable event. I can't party alone would love to have you over for fun and food so bring your Brunch dishes over and we'll be having a grand blast!
Here’s how it works:
- Create a dish that fits the Brunch theme as described above.
- Post about it on your blog from now till 16 November 2009 (entries must be in English, please).
- Your creation should be prepared for the current Monthly Mingle theme and shared with a maximum of 2 other blog events. Let's try and keep the creations as fresh as the ingredients you use.
- You must provide a link to this post and/or the official Monthly Mingle page.
- Once you’ve posted your dish, please fill the Monthly Mingle form to send me your entries.
You can easily access the form via the submission button on the sidebar under the Monthly Mingle “Come Mingle With Me" section or via the official Monthly Mingle page.
If you have any questions, queries or issues drop me an email at:
Never miss a mingle! Keep tabs as the Monthly Mingle travels around the world via the MM Calendar.
Looking forward to seeing you all at the brunch!
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2009 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | Please Ask First