I hope you are sitting in an upright position and your seatbelts are tightly fastened as we get ready to take off on an exciting culinary journey to one of the most colorful countries on our planet – South Africa!
We were grounded due to volcanic ash you see, and had to make sure all of our passengers got on board this exclusive trip, so we apologize for any delays and discomfort this might have caused. We are pleased to announce that this is a first class roundtrip for all passengers on board with a delectable and divine collection of dishes from South Africa.
Deadline: June 14th, 2010
Now sit back and indulge in a wide array of flavorful and aromatic dishes to celebrate South Africa.
- My Easy Cooking: Pork Chops and "pap"
Corn and Country Ham Quiche
- What’s Cooking: Mash and Boerewors
Smoked snoek cake with dried apricots on a sweet potato fritter
- Homemade Heaven: Samp and Beans with Braised Mutton
- Served With Love: Bobotie
- The Creative Pot: Krummelpap/Putu Pap (Crumbly Porridge)
- Eating, Gardening & Living in Bulgaria: South African Bobotie
- Taste Space: South African Spiced Butternut Squash and Roasted Banana Soup with Coconut and Lime
- Ba-Bootie: Milk Tart
- Sizzle N Spice: Maharagwe Ya Nasi - Beans in Coconut Sauce
- Samayal Corner: Koeksisters
South African Yellow Rice with Baked Chicken Breast
Honey Glazed Soetpatats - South African Sweet Potatoes
- Eats Well With Others: Bunny Chow
- Taste of Pearl City: Koeksisters
- Veggie Belly: Bunny Chow with Chickpeas
- Health Nut: Cape Malay Tomato Bredie
- Split Pearsonality: Koesisters - Cape Malay "Doughnuts"
- Moja kuchnia w Irlandii: Bobotie
- Juls' Kitchen: Melktert
- Zesty South Indian Kitchen: South African crunchies/ Hawermoutkoekies/Oat meal bars
- Quinn's Cooking with Love & Passion: South Africa BBQ Ribs
- Will work for Biltong: Zoo Cookies
- Papilles et Pupilles: Bobotie du Cap
- Cindystar: Pear Chutney
- Fork Spoon Knife: Tomato Bredie
- TastyCurryLeaf: Herbed Vetkoek
- Pan Gravy Kadai Curry: South African Sweet Fritters
- Greedy Gourmet: Malvapoeding
- My Diverse Kitchen: Koeksisters
- Browniegirl: Biltong Potjie
- Cook Sister: South African waterblommetjie bredie
Roosterkoek - a South African braai essential
- What’s For Lunch, Honey?: South African Bobotie - with a twist
Thanks to all those who have joined me in this mingle. It was a lot of fun and I hope to see you again next time. In the meantime I hand you over to Erin and her Special Sweet Treats.
I am currently working on a few projects behind the scenes, including my presentation for the Food Blogger Connect Conference in 16 days. I wish I had a few more hours to my days!
I’ll be back with more stories and recipes next week.
In the meantime enjoy a few of these delicious crumbles and a story very dear to my heart, or take a bite of the tortilla while you celebrate your friends and finally a few of the delicate macarons while you enjoy a few good books.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2010 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | Please Ask First