What a lovely mingle this was. You all came over with bundles of delicious, aromatic, spiced cookies. We had them all from Pffernüsse, Florentines to Speculaas and Gingersnaps! The mingle has never before smelled so wonderful. I'd like to thank everyone for your fantastic entries and especially creating such special treats exclusively for the mingle.
Come join me and celebrate a World of Spice Cookies!
I was not alone this mingle! My lovely blogger friend Anita of Dessert First joins me to pick out the one lucky winner from all the submitted entries.
For those who read Anita's blog will know that she has recently published her first book: Field Guide to Cookies: How to Identify and Bake Virtually Every Cookie Imaginable!
She recently sent me my very own signed copy and let me tell you, this cookie bible includes not only over 100 cookie recipes but offers helpful baking notes and fascinating historical trivia. Each cookie is photographed in glorious full color with step-by-step instructions on how to prepare, bake, serve and store your creations.
Anita will be sending a copy of this cookie book to the lucky winner she picks. I'll announce the winner as soon as the winner is revealed to me. Stay tuned!
Now lets indulge in a few spiced cookies! I've divided the entries in two categories this time: Sweet and Savory. You'll find the lovely pictures to each of the entries in the Spiced Cookie picture gallery.
- Samaithu Paarkalaam: Gingersnaps
- i dolci fanno felici: Italian Florentines
- Culinary Bazaar: Sugar Cookies
- My Diverse Kitchen: Pfeffernüsse or Pepper-Nut Cookies
- Palachinka: Santa's Sleigh & Christmas Cookies
- eCurry: Speculaas
- Tasty Curry Leaf: Moravian Spice Crisps
- La Boheme Cherie: Lingue di suocera with star anise
- Cooking Star: Hungarian Honey Cookies
- Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes: Cinnamon Bredeles Alsacien
- Soulful Creations: Pfeffernüsse
- Health Nut: Whole Wheat Ginger Spice Cookies
- Passionate About Baking: Ginger Florentines
- Yambalaya: Etoiles au miel perfumé
- What's For Lunch, Honey?: Zimtsterne - Cinnamon Stars
So that wraps up this session of the Monthly Mingle. We now head on over to Michelle at What's Cooking Blog for our first mingle this year. She'll be announcing the theme for the latest mingle soon.
If I've missed an entry please mention it in the comments section of this post and I'll update it in the roundup promptly.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2009 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | Please Ask First